Inverness or bust

This is where to post/find all rideouts and monthly meets taking place in Scotland.

Moderator: Site Team

smiles
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 36

Inverness or bust

Post by smiles » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:22 pm

Hi guys , busy trying to plan a few places to visit next summer , Mrs Smiles wants to go visit her sister up in Inverness . I have never been to Scotland but would really like to ride the hills and valleys of course . been looking at some the pics you guys have posted and it just makes me want to go NOW ! . Can anybody recommend anywhere to stay in the Inverness area for a couple of nights ? recommend any nice routes or points of beauty / interest in that area ?
Thinking of riding up about july/august 2010 and probably gonna stop of in halifax area (yorks) for a night to see her uncle on route .
looking for basic B+b accomodation with bike parking . We shall of course be glad to meet up with any of our Northern members for a pint or twenty or a ride out .
Cheers for now , Smiles :thumbs: :D
Normal people scare me !

Wee Alan
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 48

Re: Inverness or bust

Post by Wee Alan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:06 pm

I said ping pong balls..........not King Kong's balls!!!!

Copyright Max And Paddy

smiles

Post by smiles » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:21 pm

Wee Alan wrote:Have a look on. http://www.visitscotland.com
Cheers Alan however i thought of that and its just all a bit touristy , was hoping for a few recommendations from biking folk if you know what i mean ? prefer to hear from people that have done it and stayed here or there and can recommend certain places / people etc .
Thanks anyway matey . :thumbs:
Normal people scare me !

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:47 pm

I've been up there a couple of times - its great. If you're lucky with the weather...
We visited Inverness the first time couple of years ago, the ride there along Loch Ness is pretty cool. The town is ok, found a good pub in the middle (looks a bit rough from the outside) but cant remember the name...
Colloddon Moor is worth a look, if your into that sorta thing.

The west side is a must-do really, had a trek up there earlier in the year and wrote this-

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36919

If its any help...
Treat problems as if you were a dog - if you can't eat it or shag it, simply piss on it and walk away...

smiles

Post by smiles » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:15 pm

Thanks Chevy , nice write up ,gives me an idea of what to expect and you rode up from my neck of the woods too ! Was there many places to camp ? can we just set off for a day out and hope to come across camp sites quiet easily ? cheers :D s
Normal people scare me !

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:24 pm

smiles wrote:Thanks Chevy , nice write up ,gives me an idea of what to expect and you rode up from my neck of the woods too ! Was there many places to camp ? can we just set off for a day out and hope to come across camp sites quiet easily ? cheers :D s
You shouldnt have any probs finding sites - I just had a quick skizz on the net or map so see what was in the area I was headed. Didnt bother booking anywhere, but mid-summer can get a bit busy emmet-wise. I reckon Sept is the best time to go.
One thing that aint so great is the midges, and a good tip I did get (albeit too late) is to go see your Avon Lady :thumbs:

Buy some 'Skin So Soft' - its the only thing that keeps the little bastards at bay. Even the army use it apparently....
Treat problems as if you were a dog - if you can't eat it or shag it, simply piss on it and walk away...

smiles

Post by smiles » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:58 pm

:thumbs: Many thanks Chevy, the mrs gets a visit from the avon lady now and again , she is going to start asking me a few questions when i ask her to buy some :lol:
Thanks again mate , :thumbs:
Normal people scare me !

wattfield

Post by wattfield » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:27 pm

http://www.bunchrew-caravanpark.co.uk/

Stayed here a couple of times, bring your tent or rent a static caravan. It's a bit out of town, but the views are great and there's a good pub which a lot of bikers use on the road back to town, food's good there too (brilliant stovies!), and good Scottish real beer!

If you want to camp nearer the centre of Inverness there's a site at Bught Park, I didn't think it was as good a site but it's right on the edge of the town centre.

Scenic route: The A82 all the way from Glasgow to Inverness - one of the best roads in the country. Loads of good places to stop too, and I'm sure some of the local members will meet you somewhere along the road!

Fast route: A9 - Boring, but if you're in a hurry....
There's only one way of life - and that's your own.

smiles

Post by smiles » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:39 pm

:thumbs: Thats exactly what we're looking for . Spot on Wattfield many thanks . Looks like the perfect location to stop for a few nights and go off touring the area and visiting the outlaws . Superb , thanks again :D s
Normal people scare me !

DavidCameron

Post by DavidCameron » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:42 am

Why don't you try this, smiles:
To do things in Inverness.
1) Victorian Market – Queensgate
2) Leakey’s Bookshop – Church Street
3) Ness Islands – Great Glen Way
4) Loch Ness (A trip to Inverness would not be complete without a visit to the famous loch)

Where to stay in Inverness.
Achnagairn Estate – best for a treat.
Black Isle Hostel – best for a budget.

Cats
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by Cats » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:23 pm

Why oh why do these d!cks come on the forum and reply to a post that was made 5, 10, years ago, etc.
Like the one the other day, Sammy someone or other, jeez.
What do admin do to stop the little sh!ts apart from deleting posts?
Yeah but no but yeah, kna what i mean like. :bored:

harris
Chairman
Chairman

Post by harris » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:57 pm

Admin can't monitor 24/7 cats. It could be someone just made a mistake of course.
Deleting posts yes if it's spam/junk/offensive etc. I don't class the last post as either. I myself have replied to a post that was old before I realised it, you can always put yourself up for a monitor when it comes available.

Cats
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by Cats » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:36 pm

harris wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:57 pm
It could be someone just made a mistake of course.
I suppose they could have been looking for the SEX J R forum. :?
Yeah but no but yeah, kna what i mean like. :bored:

harris
Chairman
Chairman

Post by harris » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:05 pm

Wow! I'll give that a try! Lol.