Tooled up - Bike Lifts

Got a product you'd like to recommend? This is the place to tell us what you've used in the past, and how you rated it.....

Moderator: Site Team

richhemmings
Paid up...
Paid up...
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 36

Tooled up - Bike Lifts

Post by richhemmings » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:43 pm

All,

Looking for a recommendation on bike table lift.
I have a XJR400, but want to get something that I can use for years to come.

Sealey's range seems to be coming up on top, the MC365 and 454 - both around £500 and around 300-400Kg.

Clarke and Switzer also come up at the top of a google for 'best motorcycle table lift'.

Who has a recommendation for me? :thumbs:

Narked
Membership Sec
Membership Sec

Re: Tooled up - Bike Lifts

Post by Narked » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:13 pm

I have one of these, great bits of kit, easily lifts the XJR

If I had thought I should have got the one with an air option, but that's just being lazy

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/cml3-hy ... ylce-lift/
For Membership and Merchandise follow the link
www.xjroc.co.uk

:wales:

Mick SP
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by Mick SP » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:50 pm

These guys seem to make pretty good gear, see them at the motocycle shows every year.
https://cjautosheywood.co.uk/product-ca ... equipment/
Junction 8, Junction 8, Junction 8 :lol:

richhemmings
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by richhemmings » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:33 pm

Went for the CML3 but splurged for the air line version, justifying it as future proofing!

I've seen people hold the bike with only the wheel chock, but feels a little too wobbly for me. Tried watchet straps, but bike seems to list a bit so the 400 now sits on the table, on a paddock stand when it's down which means the ramp takes up very little more room than the bike.

Two heights and at highest it's perfect for standing and working on brakes, exhaust and other low-down bits.

For anyone thinking about getting one.. I recommend Machine mart (only my second order) but staff are super friendly.
I was told a forklift would be needed but queried it and requested a tail-lift truck for delivery - one came but the crate was on the side of the van but the driver (total lad) and I managed to man handle it from the truck to the garage.

I'm chuffed.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

mikebike
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by mikebike » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:46 pm

Try and get one with wheels that Jack up when it's not in use so you can move it when not in use. I am going to get some welded onto mine which I got second hand. But at 55.years old it was a pleasure this month to finally work on the bike standing up and not on my knees on a cold floor! Check out the front wheel clamp so it doesn't damage the rim too!