Sahara sandy bits

This is where to post/find all rideouts and monthly meets taking place in Rest of the World.

Moderator: Site Team

givitsum

Re: Sahara sandy bits

Post by givitsum » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:42 am

Had a run-in with sum low-level riff-raff down the market tother day --- had been all round the place includin the second hand clothing section which covers about five acres --- I defy anywun to come thro there without scratchin :lol:

Picked a likely lookin alley to get me back to where I would find the local bendy-bus. Dont know how long they had been followin me but all of a sudden things got excitin :shock: Polis grabbed one young guy and gave him a good slappin before marching him off --- that was the cue for the rest of the team to start knockin me around :roll: was using my best peek-a-bo Floyd Robinson style defence again this ol guy in an ankle length skin thing who was swingin a hold-all around at head height when I dropped my right to check my wallet --- his bantamweight neighbour only had my trouser pocket unzipped and his hand in there after my wallet :shock: at least I think it was my wallet he was after :lol:

Explained to him that gentlemen dont do that sort of thing on a first date and made my escape :D reckon I was lucky to get thro there and keep my trousers on :o

givit ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 48

Post by Dave » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:10 pm

Sounds like your having a great time Fella :wacko: :wacko: thought you had gone for a nice time and to relax, you could have stayed in Scotland if you had wanting muggings and fights :wickedgrin: :wickedgrin:
Keep Upright and Go safe
I almost had a psychic Girlfriend but she left me before we met

Biker Daves Pics

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac.

Alcun

Post by Alcun » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:55 pm

" Picked a likely lookin alley to get me back to where I would find the local bendy-bus."

Don did you have a big SLR camera & nice tourist clogs on just so there was no doubt you were worth a pull so to speak !!!! :o :o

Arabs aye worth the watching ( bad enough in Dundee ) glad you came out unscathed. Get yer backside over to your social worker on your return Pet , has to have been a traumatic experience.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay cool

Big Al
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

jabba

Post by jabba » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:21 pm

you do know that tunisia is a favourite with gays ! I know a few people of that persuaision who go there twice a year for thier fun.!!!! so be on your guard mate i wouldnt recommend running about shouting "chase me chase me" lol

givitsum

Post by givitsum » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:00 am

jabba wrote:you do know that tunisia is a favourite with gays ! I know a few people of that persuaision who go there twice a year for thier fun.!!!! so be on your guard mate i wouldnt recommend running about shouting "chase me chase me" lol
If I didnt know before I came here Jabba I do now :lol: gays and Shirley Valentines :shock: cant bloody move for them :roll:

givit :scratch:

givitsum

Post by givitsum » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:14 am

Found my way to Tunis yesterday --- hadnt really intended goin there but was standin at the bus stop --- a french geezer came along --- jabbered sumthin to a couple of locals sittin there. One jumped up and stopped a cruisin taxi and pointed at me and the backseat --- Frenchie jumped in the front with his briefcase and we were off. Cost me a dinar --- bout 40p to be dropped off at the luage depot. That s where all the mini-busses wait for custom. Found wun bound for Tunis and as soon as it was full we were off. Cost just over a quid for a 30 mile blast flat out down the motorway and we were there :shock:

Turns out my froggie friend lives on a boat in the marina near me with his Tunisian girlfriend. Clever girl speaks five languages including Japonese and English --- they are getting married soon which will get her a ticket to Europe. Would I like to meet her sister --- what sort of question is that :lol:

givit :wickedgrin:

jabba

Post by jabba » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:51 pm

stop posting what fun your having ! as us poor folk in the dank, cold UK are jealous :( nah keep it up its good to here someone having an adventure :dance:

givitsum

Post by givitsum » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:24 am

jabba wrote:stop posting what fun your having ! as us poor folk in the dank, cold UK are jealous :( nah keep it up its good to here someone having an adventure :dance:
Fun --- what fun --- was sheltered in here Wednesday while it hissed doon for an hour then the sun came out 8)

Just got to the bottom of the hill and it was thunder - lightenin and a drivin hail storm :shock: a beautiful local girl dragged me into her map shop and had me sit there with her til it was over --- I tink I m in luv :oops:

givit :thumbs:

jabba

Post by jabba » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:04 pm

you lounge lizard lol

givitsum

Post by givitsum » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:13 pm

Just pissin about in this internet place tryin to keep out of the sun for a while and guess what :? I managed to put a pic up :shock: OK its one from 2007 on the Caley Mac ferry to Aran but its a first for me in a good long while :lol:

Another one --- would you believe --- that will be the Silver Bullet between decks and if my luck is in I will have a pic of the Butty Box at the north end of the island where the Lochranza ferry runs over to the Mull of Kintyre ;-)

A Circuit of Arran via Tunisia :lol:

givitsum

Post by givitsum » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:29 pm

And for those newbies that have me tagged as a fair-weather rider here s wun from last winter in Wales :D

givit :moonie:

desyxjr

Post by desyxjr » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:28 pm

jabba wrote:stop posting what fun your having ! as us poor folk in the dank, cold UK are jealous :( nah keep it up its good to here someone having an adventure :dance:

hey Don its a cross between Charlie Chan and Micheal Palin.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.........CROSSING THE SAHARA IN RUSH HOUR.... :lol: :lol:

givitsum

Post by givitsum » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:13 am

Got to fill my time sumhow Dessie --- wandered along to the Lella Baya last nite to get on their free router only to find the link down.

Wasnt entirely a wasted evening --- the Itie motorcycling press were there for the launch of the WR250X and R by Mr Yamaha. Managed to blag my way in but even the fact that I had met Agostini in Kuala Lumper in 95 didnt get me on the bus for the interestin bits out on the test site :lol:

It sure looks a sharp spanner that Yamaha have in their box with this lil number and I would luv to have wun in my awning for the days that I need a buzz 8)

Picked up their latest brochures and pride of place in the new street bike range went to the latest incarnation of the mighty XJR in Racing White or Manky Black so it looks as if she will be around for a while yet.

The only other street bikes in their were the TDM900, XT660X and the WR250X so she was in good company.

Tother brochure majored on their Adventure range with the new 660Tenere in pole position. I aim to have a serious look at that wun I get back --- hopefully it will be in the UK by then. A much more practical long distance tool than the XJR but its gonna hurt to change. Maybe I could have both --- the kids inheritance is gone anyway :lol:

Thats about it for today folks --- just as I was gettin to grips with the pic operation on my laptop I managed to blow the charger so I m off on the hunt for sumwun to mackle me up a replacement --- dont suppose I will find wun of them down the casbah :lol:

givit ;-) :D

givitsum

Post by givitsum » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:52 am

Got my bits for my laptop yesterday. Was asking around town --- not easy when everyone else speaks French. Seemed to be doin alright with one young lady --- she asked me if I speak French --- voulez vous couchez avec mois didnt seem to cover what I was lookin for :roll: well not all of it :lol:

She took me down the street and up sum back stairs and there on the sheets with its guts hangin out was a ----

computer :lol: disappointed or what :lol: the lad who was stripping said puter down fixed me up with what I needed to replace all for 7 dinar --- about 3 quid --- a bargain.

Still cant get on line with it cos the WIFI link in the Lella Baya is caput at the mo so no pics.

givitsum

Post by givitsum » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:12 pm

Was heading for Tunis this morning when I spotted about twenty Yamaha WR250R and Xs lined up for the Yamaha Itie press launch --- changed my plans and got in amongst the bikes with my camera. Cant get you pics till I get on line with my laptop --- I m in another backstreet in Tunis on this public link with this update.

Anyway the best bit --- they had two bikes over in a corner for a photo shoot with sum star and when they were done I swung my leg over the R model and took it for a spin :twisted: even got a guy to take my pic :lol:

No compulsory helmet over here --- you just ride and what a lovely little bike. Sweet power if you can call it that all the way from zilch revs :) not the screamer I expected at all as I thought this motor started off in their moto-crosser/ enduro range.

This is a road bike --- especially the X model in full super-moto trim. Scream the nuts off it and it will givu all of its 30 bhp but stick the nobblies on and she will be an ideal green-laner. Oh but I do want wun :oops: I was even checking out all the bits I could unbolt like the detatchable rear subframe and such like so she can fit in the boot of the Caliber :lol: Much as I like that car I think shes gonna have to be replaced with a van so I can have my toys AND tow my caravan :dontknow:

Pity I didnt keep on ridin --- the honest Scot in me made me hand it back worse luck. I m sure they wouldnt have missed a measly one :wickedgrin:

givit

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:01 pm

givitsum wrote:
Pity I didnt keep on ridin --- the honest Scot in me made me hand it back worse luck. I m sure they wouldnt have missed a measly one :wickedgrin:

:wacko: :wacko:
givit
Trouble is out there if you get caught they cut your hands off
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: or worse, they could cut of all the bits that were touching the stolen bike :shock: :shock: :shock:
Keep Upright and Go safe
I almost had a psychic Girlfriend but she left me before we met

Biker Daves Pics

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac.

givitsum

Post by givitsum » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:59 pm

Bin quite a day so far --- that public internet service up in Tunis was hidden away in a cul-de-sac that was more like bombed out Beiruit than sophisticated Tunis --- its so cheap I doubt the operator could afford street side rents.

I was followed from the minute I came out the alley --- didnt take me long to decide it was the polis :shock: he followed me everywhere for over two hours --- in the Libraire he was behind the next row of books. He stood on the corner while I had my coffee at a pavement cafe --- waited patiently while I had a second wun just to test his resolve :roll: I wasnt so cocky when I saw two of his mates wearing the same polis issue jacket over their plain clothes marching a guy in handcuffs off to the caboose --- no easy way out of there cos its surrounded with polis toting machine guns :lol:

I would like to think he was watching me for my own safety but a lil voice kept reminding me I did ride that 250 Yam without permission this mornin :lol:

Slipped away quietly and found the bus station --- not an easy task in a city of 2 million inhabitants --- its always the young ladies that help me out --- usually with a smile and all they want is a smile in return :D

Back near my own patch now and I know where theres a pavement table with a view of the bay past the corner of the old Medina where the guy in the minaret will be calling the faithfull to prayer. The sun will be going down over the mountains in the distance and the foaming beer from the miniture in-house brewery will be frosting on the pint glass :D Yup the Germans got here first :lol:

Hell I might even have two before catchin my final bus of the day 8) it might have been safer if I had signed up with Saga but I m sure it wouldnt be half as much fun :lol:

Oh just a ment. I bumped into a French couple all the way down here on their BMW1100GS --- a 95 model just like the wun I used to ride and rated so highly. Maybe next year that will be me :lol:

givitsum

Post by givitsum » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:57 pm

Don't mind me --- I'll just chat away by myself, its either that or watch telly in French or German. I'm becoming an expert at finding WiFi hotspots. This wun is in the foyer of another 5 star hotel next door to where I'm staying :lol:

The powers that be have built loads of 4 & 5 star hotels right along this white sandy beach --- there's more beds than bums and I can live here in them out of season cheaper than I can live back in the UK --- total luxury and beer at 60p per bottle.

Now I've got my puter on line at last I'll go work on my pics --- fingers crossed sumthin might come of it.

givit :lol:

givitsum

Post by givitsum » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:19 pm

There were more than enough to go round ---

and when I saw this lil beauty ---

I couldn't help but swing my leg over --- pose while a passerby took a piccie --- and was out the gate before they came lookin for their bike :twisted:

sheer magic :wickedgrin:

Last edited by givitsum on Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ratty
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 36

Post by ratty » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:24 pm

Sunshine and Supermotos, sounds great, enjoy yourself Givit, I would :D

Mr H