Sahara sandy bits

This is where to post/find all rideouts and monthly meets taking place in Rest of the World.

Moderator: Site Team

givitsum

Sahara sandy bits

Post by givitsum » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:48 pm

Converting my gixer to streetfighter trim is coming along nicely but it was minus 7 t'other mornin and my pipes were froze on the caravan 8) so-o-o-ooo --- instead of gettin out the heat gun I shot right down to Thomas Cook to see what was on offer. ;-)

Will be spendin Christmas & New Year with my lad then off to Tunisia on 6th Jan for six weeks :D :D :D

Still got my 03 XJR but will part with her for the right money --- hurts to say it but she's gettin on the heavy side to push around with my knackered shoulder --- gixer feels like a toy in comparison :roll:

givit :thumbs:

Nick Loftus
Paid up...
Paid up...
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 48

Re: Sahara sandy bits

Post by Nick Loftus » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:30 am

Six weeks ... roll on retirement :D

Go for it ... and enjoy 8)

All the very bst Don.
Hope to see you in 2008.

Cheers, Nick.

Mick

Post by Mick » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:25 am

Enjoy the sun Don, ya jammy git!. :lol: :thumbs:

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:53 am

Will look forward to a write up of your time in the desert. Go find a bike to hire and do a reccy . . . I can see it now 'XJROC does the Desert' :giggle:

:hug:
Life goes on regardless . . . .

dalton

Post by dalton » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:25 am

Nice one mate, hope you will think of us poor sods doing the daily grind :lol: :lol:
If i ever grow up i wanna be like me dad

Daz

Post by Daz » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:55 am

Lucky Bastid :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope that your lilly white skin don't burn too bad :shock: :oops: :oops: :lol:

Have fun Don :dance: :drunk: :dance: :drunk: :dance: :drunk:

PS 6 weeks from the 6th of Jan :scratch: :scratch: You might miss summer here :shock: :rofl1:

Daz ;-)
With God on your side, does it matter who is against you :thumbs2:

My New Gallery 2

givitsum

Post by givitsum » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:26 pm

Can always pretend I'm on a recce for the Libya Rally Raid which takes place from 15th - 29th March and runs through 'the arid, unforgiving terrain of Tunisia & Libya' to quote from a blurb in 4x4 Magazine.

If you are tempted to do it fees start from £3900 per car. :lol: More info here http://www.libya-rally-raid.org

Now there's sumthin for Busa Mike to get his teeth into --- his old Landy would be well tested on that wun. :lol:

givit 8)

givitsum

Post by givitsum » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:45 pm

Just had a peep at their website --- it's a cracker and better still --- entry fee for rider and bike is 2700 euros and that covers just about everything :shock:

Closing date isn't till 31st Jan 2008 so maybe sumwun can wake up Mark VB from hibernation and enter him on his old Africa Twin :lol: Or better still just tell him a few days before the event that he's entered :wickedgrin: Save him worrying about it over Christmas :lol:

It's a non FIA sanctioned rally and all you need to get in is a bit of cash and a full licence.

MarkVB sponsored by XJROC --- that would be better than plowing club funds into a stand at Peterboro every year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

givit 8)

BusaMike
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 36

Post by BusaMike » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:53 pm

givitsum wrote:Can always pretend I'm on a recce for the Libya Rally Raid which takes place from 15th - 29th March and runs through 'the arid, unforgiving terrain of Tunisia & Libya' to quote from a blurb in 4x4 Magazine.

If you are tempted to do it fees start from £3900 per car. :lol: More info here http://www.libya-rally-raid.org

Now there's sumthin for Busa Mike to get his teeth into --- his old Landy would be well tested on that wun. :lol:

givit 8)
I sold the Landy a month ago Don so I don't think the new owner would be too chuffed :lol: and there's no way I'd take the Jeep, I'd need a bloody tanker of fuel just to get there :shock:

Maybe we could kit the Chevy out with some sand tyres and a roof tent ;-)

Have a good un m8, enjoy the sun :thumbs:

Mike

Daz

Post by Daz » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:17 am

BusaMike wrote:I sold the Landy a month ago

Mike
Why did you sell it Mike ?? I have wanted one for the longest time, but it's the fuel price that puts me off :( :( ...

Daz
With God on your side, does it matter who is against you :thumbs2:

My New Gallery 2

freddy
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by freddy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:43 am

BusaMike wrote:
givitsum wrote:Can always pretend I'm on a recce for the Libya Rally Raid which takes place from 15th - 29th March and runs through 'the arid, unforgiving terrain of Tunisia & Libya' to quote from a blurb in 4x4 Magazine.

givit 8)
I sold the Landy a month ago Don so I don't think the new owner would be too chuffed :lol: and there's no way I'd take the Jeep, I'd need a bloody tanker of fuel just to get there :shock:

Mike
Run it on LPG, I've got a Jeep we run on LPG, runs really well about 50p a litre.

Was 24p/ltr when I converted it

Fred

jabba

Post by jabba » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:59 pm

good for you mate have a good break catch up later cheers :drunk:

givitsum

Post by givitsum » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:00 pm

BusaMike wrote:

givit 8)

Mike
Never thought you would part with the Landy Mike --- came in handy for towing my van off Ash's caravan site after the snow earlier this year. :lol:

Latest on Ash the Crash is that after driving an old banger with his mates from Alaska down the west coast to sumwhere near Panama he flew to Nepal where he has been rebuilding an old Royal Enfield which he intends to ride home before Xmas. I understand he has also been on a couple of treks to Katmandu and the lower slopes of Everest.

His route home was to bring him through Pakistan, Iran & Turkey --- last I heard the bike was sort of fixed and he had his carnet --- hell I should never have shown him that map of the world :lol: :lol: :lol:

givit :respekt:

Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:36 am

givitsum wrote:
Never thought you would part with the Landy Mike --- came in handy for towing my van off Ash's caravan site after the snow earlier this year. :lol:

Latest on Ash the Crash is that after driving an old banger with his mates from Alaska down the west coast to sumwhere near Panama he flew to Nepal where he has been rebuilding an old Royal Enfield which he intends to ride home before Xmas. I understand he has also been on a couple of treks to Katmandu and the lower slopes of Everest.

His route home was to bring him through Pakistan, Iran & Turkey --- last I heard the bike was sort of fixed and he had his carnet --- hell I should never have shown him that map of the world :lol: :lol: :lol:

givit :respekt:
He seemed such a shy retiring homely lad when we had our blatt over to the coast with him on his little hornet, now look whats happened !! Yep it's all your fault :lol:

On the Landy I wanted something a little more reliable (and quicker) for longer trips, I sold it for 2250 and bought the Jeep for less so it was a no brainer, it's a full spec Orvis model with all the bells and whistles but it may still see some new lifted suspension, big knobblies and then some mud once I've finished piddling around with the bike ;)

Freddie, I thought about gas but to be honest it'd cost nearly as much as the motor's worth to have it done properly and knowing me I'll be selling it on in 12 months anyway so it wouldn't pay for itself ;) I'll be back on two wheels again soon so fuel won't be so much of a problem 8)

Mike :thumbs:

Damn, forgot to log off the admin account before posting !!!!
Forum Administrator

givitsum

Post by givitsum » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:12 pm

Oh fck --- just spent an hour in this internet cafe putting my post together only to lose the lot when I previewed it --- wont be so fussy next time :D 8)

Suffice to say tings are good with me --- will givu an update soon --- dont want to miss all that sunshine :D

Scroatie

Post by Scroatie » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:49 pm

You just don't know what you're missing here in good old Blighty!

Hope it rains on you :razz: :razz: :razz: ;-)

:hello:
NOTICE : I AM GOOD IN BED
I can sleep for days..............
Scroatie

www.cbt2das.co.uk
Scroaties Album

Alcun

Post by Alcun » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:29 pm

Hi Don, stay put chucking it down , blowing a gale & bloody freezing back here...

Enjoy a sook at the Souk!!

Cheers
Big Al :) :) :) :)
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

jabba

Post by jabba » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:44 pm

lucky sod
enjoy, cyu when your back
:thumbs:

givitsum

Post by givitsum » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:30 am

Bonjour mes amis --- got to practise my francais for the girls :lol: up to a certain age they are very beautiful in their Parisian style jeans complete petite derrier and Wench type kinky boots then all of a sudden they spread and cover up with the local robes 8)

Perfect bikin day --- makes me wish I had the XJR or the Gixer here --- police on every roundabout but its mainly the little Mobylettes used by half the population that they target. Tother half use taxis and the rest drive around in posh cars --- tis the way of the world :lol:

My single digit is strugglin with this arabic style keyboard so will post a bit at a time --- dont want to risk losin it all again :lol:

givitsum

Post by givitsum » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:56 am

Not much in the way of bikes to be had out here unless a 50cc Mobylette or Puegot tickles your fancy .

The polis have 660 XTZs and I did see a tough lookin MZ harnessed to a smart sports sidecar upcountry yesterday. Wish I had taken a pic now 8) It had a black A on a white plate --- not sure if that is from Austria - Andorra or even our next door - difficult to get into -Algeria :?

A couple of Belgy 4X4s stopped by on their way to the desert hauling big trailers loaded with quads --- no doubt the owners were flyin out for a bit of fun in the dunes 8)

Time to get down the beach --- saw a school of dolphins cruisin past tother day and nowun paid any notice --- anywhere else there would have been a shoal of tourist boats out there with em 8) May be an openin for me --- where did I leave my fez :lol:

givit ;-) :D :D :D