U S A

This is where to post/find all rideouts and monthly meets taking place in Rest of the World.

Moderator: Site Team

rubble

U S A

Post by rubble » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:43 pm

hi people, its not very often i post anything, going to plan a trip to the usa, for my 50th next year, any tips, advice, routes, hire of bikes, etc etc, gladly recieved :?

JAX
Newsletter Editor
Newsletter Editor
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 48

Post by JAX » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:09 am

Don`t go when it`s windy ,ie; tornados-hurricains- twisters, or the odd major flood or when Britney Spears is about.
Have a nice day

DOWAHDIDDYMAN

Post by DOWAHDIDDYMAN » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 am

Yeah, Wait till George Bush is no longer the Prez, it should be safer then.
Mark.
I`m not over weight, i`m under height.

kinger

Post by kinger » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:54 am

Get a Harley, you'll feel resented/ostracised on anything else.
http://www.mtstowing.com/, if it's still operating, is worth a chat with. Nationwide biker's self help recovery organisation. We spoke to them before our trans Canadian, and boosted our confidence no end in cas of emergencies.

Coco

Post by Coco » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:24 pm

pm sent

Boots

Post by Boots » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:53 am

Don't do Route 66 on an expensive bike,...alone or without a big fu*k-off gun!! REALLY!!!

Boots 8) 8)

XXDRAC

Post by XXDRAC » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:33 am

Been to USA lots of times not for a good while now , usally always had use of a bike best trip was Dayton beach for Harley festival and racing Had a goodtime on the Raceway there on an old norton manx admittedly i crash , had a great time on a Harley Cafe racer , New oreleans when it was intact for Mardi gras , lol dressed as a roman soilder but that for another post i thinks lol , Never had any real problems when i was there just make sure if you hire a bike you are insured upto the hilt and the CDW as well , Oh and some states speeding fines are related to how fast ya going above speed limit and can get expensive , :oops:

givitsum

Re: U S A

Post by givitsum » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:18 am

How about an update on your plans Mr Rubble --- I was keen to go last year --- even bought a bike on American ebay for the trip but landed in hospital instead 8)

I did a lot of research and Boots is right --- a big feck off gun would appear to be mandatory and that's just for the cops :shock:

If I was going again I would skip the coast - to - coast Bar Harbor, Maine to Oregon bit of the ride I had planned and just head up the west coast to Alaska for the Dawn-till-Dusk mid-summer meet at Dawson City. Check out the Adventure Rider website if you haven't already dunnso ;-)

givit 8)