Eurofest poland 2019

This is where to post/find all rideouts and monthly meets taking place in Europe.

Moderator: Site Team

harris
Membership Sec
Membership Sec
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 36

Re: Eurofest poland 2019

Post by harris » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:07 am

Lampy wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:13 am
Any final decision on this years party attire ? needs a group action otherwise Harris is going to be the only one who shows up in a tank top/vest with a knotted hankie on his head. . . . . . . who said no change there then ?
Well any more takers. It's cheap and easy to carry.

Diego

Post by Diego » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:58 am

Yes from me, come on you miserable lot, yay or nay??
Once you have had Black you never go back!! (so she says ha)

http://www.bull-it.com

http://www.buzzpeople.co.uk

Mick SP
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by Mick SP » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:07 am

:thumbs:
Junction 8, Junction 8, Junction 8 :lol:

Lampy
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Lampy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:35 pm

Go for it.
SO MANY LAMPOSTS...........so little time . . . . STUPID PLACE TO PUT A WALL WASNT IT !!!!!
OH DEER !!!!

chairman@yamahaxjrownersclub.com

harris
Membership Sec
Membership Sec

Post by harris » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:22 pm

Whoo hoo! We gonna look cool, until we got to blow our noses. .....lol.

Andy
Paid up...
Paid up...
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 48

Post by Andy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:03 am

I think there is a picture of myself and Garfield AKA Zigzag with the knotted hankies in Italy 2010
"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!"

I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with 'Guess' on it.
So I said 'Implants?' She hit me.

www.olderedlion.com

harris
Membership Sec
Membership Sec

Post by harris » Wed May 22, 2019 10:46 pm

Gotta say people, after all the grief at work lately I'm really looking forward to this one. Chill out with a few beers and good company, gotta be done. Days away.

Roadrad
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 48

Post by Roadrad » Thu May 23, 2019 9:55 am

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: soon... very soon now
My "new" set of wheels: :eusadance: :eusadance:

https://i.imgur.com/B402zFn.jpg

TypeRR
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by TypeRR » Fri May 24, 2019 4:50 pm

Thursday i leave home , will arrive Sunday in Poland with XJR Berlin Group

@ the moment waiting on the the new fuel tap to be deliverd , old one died after 220.000km's , even the revision kit didn't work , so now i orderd a R1 Fuel tap . No more Vacuum crap

harris
Membership Sec
Membership Sec

Post by harris » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:06 pm

Well people, Home safe and sound! Firstly a huge thanks to my travelling companions Nigel and mike. I got a little stressed at times and I apologise, more meds methinks! The whole trip over was hot, very hot. Fantastic weather along with great hotels that didn't cost huge amounts. Our stops were bikers loft at ostend, kassel Germany, colditz Germany, gniezno Poland, then the camp near olztenyek Poland. Poland was cheap, and was an unexpected surprise in that it was a good place to ride also. Friendly people at the camp, good food, and well the beer was just over a pound a pint! Lots of frolic, especially on the weds when we all got a beer bath, upsetting a few I heard, oh dear. No harm intended .
A lake to swim in, a lodge to sleep in, and a place to drink, all in the same area!
Leaving Friday was inevitable but by then I had enough booze, weather was good too. First stop was swiebodzin, a swanky hotel for 20 quid each including brekkie! 2nd stop was Hanover, an ibis that was good also. The lads treated me to a Chinese meal , Lovely jubbly. Then all the way to ostend, a day early but the intention was to visit the area on the Monday, but the first rain of the holiday stopped us doing that. Chilled out in the bar all day , nowt heavy but needs must. Tunnel on Tues morning and it was bloody cold all the way home too. Any way that's it folks, very tiring but enjoyable at the same time.
Huge respect too jarek and his team for laying it all on, huge respect to everyone that travelled great distances, all on bikes, No vans unlike some!
P.s. Nige had a car reverse into him at ostend with some damage, I'm pleased to say he's ok.
Hope all got home safe and until the next time, cheers, mick.

Diego

Post by Diego » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:30 pm

I would like to echo Mick Harris's words! Great organization by Yarek and the team, great setting, party and always on hand to attend to anything you wanted, top blokes!! :hug:

Day one; Myself, Mick SP Glider and Jax left on the 10:20 train from Folkestone on Tuesday the 28th. When we arrived at the train I discovered I had a nigh on flat rear tyre and upon putting Gliders TPG on found I only ha 10psi in there. We got on the train and spent the twenty minutes using a bicycle pump and managed to get 26psi in, enough to get to the garage to complete the job and cracked on. We went through varying weather, sun, some rain but it was getting progressively warmer the further south we went.

First night and some heavy miles later we arrive in St Die De Vosages FCampanile, quick shower and over to the Buffalo Grill for a lovey drop of tucker oh and couple of Jars!! :drunk:

Day two; We left after breakfast at about 09:30 in sunshine, Margeret (Micks sat-nav) found some lovely twisty road and some fast roads with big sweepers on. We stopped for lunch looking over Lake Constance, gorgeous views! We pressed on and went through Freidrischafen were we stayed for a night last year. The weather was getting a bit iffy by now so ignored the twisties and told Margaret to get us to our night stop as quick as possible, the rain started about an hour away from Wertach in Bavaria and god did it p#ss down fookin cold too :shock: !! We arrived and I was frozen, so much so that Glider kindly moved my bike up to the accommodation for me. Long hot shower later and were down for dinner followed by watching the footie (cant remember who was playing) After the footie we retired to the games room with a couple of beers to play ping pong as we alwayd do when we stay here, great laugh as usual until some aged lady opened the door and told us to keep the noise down as they were trying to sleep. STOP HAVING ZE FUN :lol: :lol: :lol:

Day three; dawned sunny but cold, shower, pack, load up, lube chains and breakfast, we left about 09:30 in sunshine and stayed on mainish roads with a lovely stop for lunch somewhere in Austria heading East towards our overnight stop in Saltzburg, we arrived at around 17:30 which surprised us all as Mick SP is nickenamed 'Half Six Hallums' (omongst other things :lol: ) found our hotel and had a couple at the bar before showering and getting a cab to the Beer Keller, this place was huge and so were the beers, :drunk: food was a let down mind, fast food sort of stuff on plastic plates which you could only describe as fuel!! We left there at about 10ish to go and find the local Irish bar, I haven't got time to write the whole story of this place but it resulted in us getting back rather late as no one could remember the name of the Hotel and Micky Miaggi could not sync to booking.com. In bed very late!!!

Day four; we awoke at about half ten, showered, packed, chains etc but received a real bad attitude from some guy about late check out :roll: !! We left about midday and stopped for break fast of coffee and cake 20 minutes later. Margaret found some amazing quiet and scenic roads, bliss!! We only had a quick hop this day 170 miles which culminated in a 30 mile blast doing some amazing twisty roads following the river to our overnigh in Cesky CZ. We had re routed so we didn't have anything booked, quick 5minutes on booking.com and Mick had found a room for us at £20 B&B each, bargain!! (good job they didn't try to charge any more as well). We walked into the town for dinner, stunning place, dinner was £38.00 for starters, mains and beers for four of us!!

Day five; up early to a sunny warm day, we gave breakfast a miss and left about 09.30 and headed for Czec, again lovely roads and it was time to open our vents, about time!! Stopped for lunch before heading around Brno ring road and past the entrance to the Autodrome Brno bringing back fab memories of our track day there during Eurofest 2017, its getting very hot by now, again another short hop today about 190 miles, to our overnight stay in Kromeriz CZ, We pressed on arriving at about 17:30 to a lovely hotel, couple in the bar and then shower and into town, another cracking place, very pretty. We ordered dinner Glider and I ordered chicken livers in lard expecting it to be pate type stuff no, it was in lard, soft gloopy lard fookin rank!! To top it all I dropped a little spot on my trousers and two hours later it looked like I had pissed my self, a right oil slick going on!!

Day six; up and about, lovely warm morning, lovely breakfast and on the road by 09.30, we have quite a few miles to do today but Margret was taking us on some nice roads with twisties... And so she did that was until the road was closed and Margaret took us on a diversion via a dirt track and when I say dirt track it was bad, again the guys helped me when we had to turn round by doing this for me, little legs, gravel and a heavy loaded bike is not easy as I'm sure some of you know!! We stopped for lunch in a little village and Mick said Margaret had found a main road about three miles from where we were, she was right but it was the road we had gone down 2 1/2 hours earlier, and yes we were heading for the road closure again, Mick overruled Margaret and managed to get us the right side of the closure, bravo!! But we had managed 70kms from Kromeriz in four and a half hours!! Ok we pressed on upping the pace and crossed into Poland at about 15:30, we stopped for a coffee to let a thunderstorm pass, changed the route to quick roads we still 290kms to go and it was 16:30. We later stopped to put air in my tyre that had gone down again :scratch: and get fuel, whilst there we got talking to a lad in a real trick BMW 5 series diesel, that sounded sweet but boy did it smoke!! He informed us that we had about 150kms to go and it was all road works and traffic jams, it was thank goodness for filtering, we arrived in Lodz PL and took this main road into the town that was three lanes with traffic lights on, it was also surround by six foot high noise reducing panels, the sound of four XJR's on with various non standard exhausts on full chat from the lights was fookin amazing :wickedgrin: , brilliant end to a very hard day!! We arrived at about 21:00 to be told the bar and restaurant was shut!! Quick change and walk down the town. Me and Mick went in the bar whilst Glider and Jax were chatting to their wives and were greeted with a choice of about 50 beer taps, bliss and cheap! The only food we could find was a Turkish restaurant but the food was good although Gliders was shit according to him! Early night knackered!!

Day seven; we missed breakfast but never mind we got on the road for the last push to Olsztyn and the Eurofest site, very bumpy roads and the driving standards were not much better I can tell you! Only about 120 miles to camp and we arrived at about 14:30 to be greeted by all that had already arrived including Mrs Jax Sharon, and Josh, Jax Jnr, let the fun begin!!

TBC...
Once you have had Black you never go back!! (so she says ha)

http://www.bull-it.com

http://www.buzzpeople.co.uk

TypeRR
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by TypeRR » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:19 pm

Great week , good to see and speak to you again . im there next year , traveling the same way . have some friends along the way and the rest in hostels

Juules : this week i will send you the spacer

jooles
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

Post by jooles » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:38 pm

TypeRR wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:19 pm
Great week , good to see and speak to you again . im there next year , traveling the same way . have some friends along the way and the rest in hostels

Juules : this week i will send you the spacer
great to catch up with you dennis ,we got mikes bike back to colditz ,lampy rode it 5kms with a flat front tyre :shock: ,but thanks for ringing me back ,,,will be fitting the r1 wheel in the winter now i know how straight forward it will be ,thanks again dennis :thumbs: