3rd Annual France meet

This is where to post/find all rideouts and monthly meets taking place in Europe.

Moderator: Site Team

jooles
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 36

Re: 3rd Annual France meet

Post by jooles » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:47 pm

just landed and anouther great time had ,great band on the saturday night ,so many people turned up we drank the bar dry ,but at that stage i ,d had enough anyway ,,roll on next year,,,,,

Lampy
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Lampy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:35 pm

Just walked in the door, as Jooles said good band saturday night and huge turnout from the local ex pat mob.
Only 3 tins of guinness and some white wine left which was a bugger because it was 38/40 degrees and we had to wait for harry to return with fresh supplies.
The original intention was to stay till Thursday but it was so hot you couldn't stay out for too long so a visit to watch the bike racing at the Val Du Vienne circuit http://www.circuitvaldevienne.com/ was done (still free entry :) ) and a bimble out for lunch on other days and one to http://www.oradour.info/ was about it.
Sitting in the shade outside Harrys bar drinking cold beers was the order of the day.
Anyway as I said the intention was to stay till thursday but we bailed out on Tuesday morning and headed North away from the heat.
Stayed 3 nights in Arromanche at http://www.normandybeach.co.uk/ which supplies free beer/wine etc (not that it had anything to do with the choice) 20 degrees cooler and rain on one day.
Left there friday morning to a hotel we had booked near Calais and hopped on the ferry to Dover this morning (saturday) got home about 4pm.
Only one hiccup ..... I lost my wallet at a paege which didn't go down well as I got on the bloody thing by accident.
I normally split my money 50/50 between two wallets but this time I didn't and the lost wallet only had 250 euro's £30 sterling in it, unfortunately it also had my licence,debit,credit card in there and my E111 card !!!.
All stopped with no transactions having been made just new licence and E111 card to sort now.
All going well I shall be there at Harrys again next year at about the same time so if you are not doing anything come on down.
SO MANY LAMPOSTS...........so little time . . . . STUPID PLACE TO PUT A WALL WASNT IT !!!!!
OH DEER !!!!

chairman@yamahaxjrownersclub.com

harris
Membership Sec
Membership Sec

Post by harris » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:36 am

Sounds a great time had lamps, bad ending at the peage though.

JT
Paid up...
Paid up...
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 48

Post by JT » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:28 am

Now then Jooles/Martin

Sounds like it was Very HOT lads, better than freezing temps and pouring rain though :eusadance:

Do you know how you lost your wallet Martin, did you think you had put it in your pocket/tank bag ? Anyway, cards stopped and you didn't need your licence or E111 card so that was good. Did you have any photocopies of your licence with you just in case ?

Glad you had good time :thumbs:
Yellow XJR SP 'Simply the Best'

Lampy
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Lampy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:23 pm

Always carry copies of documents so I can show them original and give them copy if required. :)
SO MANY LAMPOSTS...........so little time . . . . STUPID PLACE TO PUT A WALL WASNT IT !!!!!
OH DEER !!!!

chairman@yamahaxjrownersclub.com