Ulster Grand Prix - 2009 (Saturday 15th August)

This is where to post/find all rideouts and monthly meets taking place in Ireland.

Moderator: Site Team

tekfazer

Ulster Grand Prix - 2009 (Saturday 15th August)

Post by tekfazer » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:49 pm

Just to let you know the date for this year's meeting. There is practise on Wedneday and Thursday prior to racing. Hopefully after last year's washout the weather will be much improved.

Tekfazer

givitsum

Re: Ulster Grand Prix - 2009 (Saturday 15th August)

Post by givitsum » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:07 am

The guys deserve a break after last year's Ulster and the 2009 NW have both been wash outs :thumbs:

In the early sixties I would catch the Friday night 'cattle' boat from Broomielaw (Glasgow) to Belfast - breakfast in the city then get a double-decker bus up to the circuit - watch Redman & Robb on their Honda 6s - Hailwood on the MV plus all the rest then get the Saturday night boat back to the Clyde in time to jump on my 650 BSA and head for Gask to watch another day's racing - the noise from the race bikes would live with me for weeks - especially the six cylinder Hondas and Bultaco strokers :roll:

Oh and I can still smell the cow-shit as the return boat would be bringing a load of store cattle over for fattening - no stabilisers in those days so there were sum rough crossings :wacko:

givit ;-) :D

tekfazer

Post by tekfazer » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:55 pm

A good story in relation to the past heritage of the UGP; it is hard to think now that along with the TT, the UGP made up the British rounds of the World Championship in 1949.

Tekfazer

givitsum

Post by givitsum » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:34 am

I'll be joining Redman & Co at the Shottenring street circuit in central Germany for their Classic GP the same weekend as the Ulster.

Bet we have better weather :D

givit