trip to ireland

This is where to post/find all rideouts and monthly meets taking place in Ireland.

Moderator: Site Team

spasm
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 48

trip to ireland

Post by spasm » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:44 pm

yo :thumbs: , no one can call me a fair weather rider now :shock: :lol: , had a great ride through scotland to strantaer took the a712 through galloway forest if u havent done that yet u must brilliant rd :D just keeps on twisting from side to side and quite fast in places took a ride to ayre too from cairnryan that rd is also awesome very fast and big sweepers and up and down wiv some amazing veiws 8)
had a very wet ride too ballycastle yesterday :evil:. but today started out dry wiv a ride to portrush-portstewart-coleraine, met a great fella there at the motorcycle shop who knows all the racers and he knew joey and robert dunlop too. he pointed out the NW200 route to me so i done a lap of that :lol: 9 miles round, he's got all the pics and leathers used by the racers in his shop, was there about an hour he made me very welcome coffee and all that :D . so left there and rode down to ballymoney to visit joey's garden and joey's bar that was nice never been there, then down to antrim and the heavens opened big time. £400 worth of bike gear that lets water in not bad eh :mad: stopped there for a while then rode to belfast in heavy rain was already wet through, had a stop for coffee then took the coast rd once again back home, now this rd is ok very nice scenery but not wen it's pishing down :cry: . so back at me digs now gonna jump in the shower then go and sink some guinness about 10 pints the way i feel now :lol: got some nice pics that i'll show ya wen i get home next weekend. gonna ride south in the next few days so will let u know if anything exciting happens, oh yeah the 021's r shit hot in the wet :thumbs:

spasm

Re: trip to ireland

Post by spasm » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:48 pm

forgot to say, gonna contact tonto today as we said we'de meet up while im here :D

tonto

Post by tonto » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:26 pm

looking forward to meeting you on thursday, I hope the weather is good and we get to go for a run (if I can keep up with you) :oops: not many members over here I have only ever met 2 ie "cheesy" and the "milkman" enjoy your Guinness I cant stand the stuff while you are up there you should do the bushmills distillery tour now that is a drink :drunk:
RIDE CAREFULLY---- 90% OF PEOPLE ARE CAUSED BY ACCIDENT !!!!

tonto's pics

Fallen Heroes MCC

spasm

Post by spasm » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:36 pm

the girls done that today :D bought me back a bottle of which i'm sat here now guzzling down very nice indeed :thumbs: certainly warmed me up from me wet ride earlier :lol:

Jaffa_Cake

Post by Jaffa_Cake » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:37 pm

Already looking forward to the pics. :thumbs:
Free Bike Photography Going Cheap

red

Post by red » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:54 pm

Have a pint or six :guinness: for me please Pete...........you jammy bastid. :shock: :drunk: :lol:

Blackie

Post by Blackie » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:35 pm

Hope your havin a good un fella, if ya come across Clonakilty knock the door opposite the church, ask for Mark and tell him Blackie sent you :thumbs:
Blackie

"A Member of the EXCLUSIVE 100,000 club"

http://www.worldseafishing.com

ratty
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 36

Post by ratty » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:44 pm

LOL Sposm, enjoy the :guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness: and av a grand trip :thumbs:

ewan
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by ewan » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:30 pm

glad to hear your having a good time pete
ride safe, see you when you get back :thumbs: :drunk: :eusadance:
happiness is a big fat tyre :scotland:

spasm

Post by spasm » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:56 pm

stopped indoors all day today as it was hammering down, and a good chance to give me arse a rest :oops:
have arranged to go to tonto's in the morning so if u could all pray for good weather before u sleep tonight it would be appreciated. he's about 70 miles from me, but after im heading south probably galway then further south friday. just want some sunshine :evil:

spasm

Post by spasm » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:47 pm

well ive just walked in the door, came home early cos i just got fed up of getting soaked through :evil: , and yip got off the ferry in hollyhead rode abot 10 miles then it pissed again till i nearly got home :temper: :temper:
i will put a few pics up in over the weekend 8)

zoe

Post by zoe » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:51 pm

dont blame ya, last weekend did it for me :temper:

you missed the floods today :shock:

wessex way shut, wallisdown shut, took me hour to get from queens park to my house, hail thunder and lightening :wacko: :wacko:

glad ya home safe :thumbs:
Real loss only occurs when you lose something you love more than yourself

Zoe

spasm

Post by spasm » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:56 pm

my fxxxxxing arse is killing me yeeeoooow :temper: 300 miles only stopped for fuel :lol: im still moist too :shock:

ratty
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 36

Post by ratty » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:03 pm

spasm wrote:my fxxxxxing arse is killing me yeeeoooow :temper: 300 miles only stopped for fuel :lol: im still moist too :shock:
get a decent seat ya tight fecker, av a :drunk: and post the picks :thumbs:

ewan
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by ewan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:17 pm

glad you got home safe :applause1:
happiness is a big fat tyre :scotland:

spasm

Post by spasm » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:30 pm

done about 1370 miles in all, most of them in the rain :? was great stopping off to meet tonto, he and his lovely wife maggy made me feel most welcome very nice people indeed, and was invited to go back some day :D , a couple of pics of me phone here, but most r on my camera and i havent got the lead wiv me to load them on so they'll have to wait till monday

this was the agm before i left

got a few better ones to come on monday :thumbs:

captain caveman

Post by captain caveman » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:06 pm

spasm wrote:my fxxxxxing arse is killing me yeeeoooow :temper: 300 miles only stopped for fuel :lol: im still moist too :shock:

Glad your home safe and sound , but a bit to much info :shock: :lol:

Nice pictures :thumbs:

see you next w/e :thumbs:

CC :)
Be nice to your children as it will be them that choose your nursing home someday

spasm

Post by spasm » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:32 pm

ok a few more pics, bit of nice scenery and some good rds, also joey's garden, and a bit of the NW200 track start line too, some of the racers leathers 8)

tonto

Post by tonto » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:16 pm

Hi Pete glad to see you made it home safe and sound, it was a real pity the weather was so bad for your trip but Maggie and i were delighted that you went out of your way to call down and visit us,Be sure and give us a shout if you are over this way again and that goes for any other members :drunk:
RIDE CAREFULLY---- 90% OF PEOPLE ARE CAUSED BY ACCIDENT !!!!

tonto's pics

Fallen Heroes MCC

spasm

Post by spasm » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:27 pm

tonto wrote:Hi Pete glad to see you made it home safe and sound, it was a real pity the weather was so bad for your trip but Maggie and i were delighted that you went out of your way to call down and visit us,Be sure and give us a shout if you are over this way again and that goes for any other members :drunk:
cheers mate u and ur lovely wife made me feel very relaxed it was great to meet u both and i hope to meet u both again wen i come over next year for a trip, but this time im gonna study the weather big time, tell maggie i appologise for not eating all of the nice little snack she prepared for us but im currently on a cheese fast, well anything with fat and sugar :lol: once again cheers :thumbs: