Monthly Meets

Browse through this forum to see tales from rideouts of old....

Moderator: Site Team

JAX
Newsletter Editor
Newsletter Editor
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 48

Monthly Meets

Post by JAX » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:11 am

Ok, now I know the Ace meet is still active and the Western meet but which of the others are still going. I'm just trying to update the newsletter with active monthly meets.
If they are inactive, then get off your arses and get them going again :wickedgrin:

jooles
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 36

Re: Monthly Meets

Post by jooles » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:10 pm

well said that man :thumbs: do they still do a northern meet :dontknow:

geran
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by geran » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:14 pm

jooles wrote:well said that man :thumbs: do they still do a northern meet :dontknow:
How very dare you jooles viewtopic.php?f=46&t=53473
Though we ain't been out since :(
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul. Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

XJR 1300
Zephyr 750

Chris

jooles
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

Post by jooles » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:41 pm

I stand corrected ,glad your still doing the monthly meets :applause1: hopefully will be getting the antendance award back up and running soon ,,,

Filo

Post by Filo » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:45 pm

jooles wrote:well said that man :thumbs: do they still do a northern meet :dontknow:
I used to post up every month and we got a few but never set the world on fire. Unfortunately, I have been off the bike with a bad wrist since Winster but I do text the regulars if I am out and about incase they wanna come.

I will carry on the monthly meets when I sort my wrist out, hopefully for the end of October.

Lampy
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Lampy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:08 pm

Filo wrote:
I used to post up every month and we got a few but never set the world on fire. Unfortunately, I have been off the bike with a bad wrist since Winster but I do text the regulars if I am out and about incase they wanna come.

I will carry on the monthly meets when I sort my wrist out, hopefully for the end of October.
I think northern meet should take place at squires Daz, even if people dont want to do the ride its a bit more interesting than a layby in Skipton. :thumbs:
SO MANY LAMPOSTS...........so little time . . . . STUPID PLACE TO PUT A WALL WASNT IT !!!!!
OH DEER !!!!

chairman@yamahaxjrownersclub.com

pognasty
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by pognasty » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:17 pm

Might be nice to do a midland monthly meet. Theres a few venues that spring to mind ( Bassetts pole or the Vic, Coalville) but open to suggestions.

any takers?
There is no warm up or cool down. Life is only one lap - make it a good one, make it count

geran
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by geran » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Lampy wrote:
Filo wrote:

I think northern meet should take place at squires Daz, even if people dont want to do the ride its a bit more interesting than a layby in Skipton. :thumbs:
That's a fair point Martin, there is another cafe that recently opened about a mile down the road, more folk tend to go there but I get what your saying, we need Daz to rally the troops.
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul. Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

XJR 1300
Zephyr 750

Chris

jooles
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

Post by jooles » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:56 pm

just tell filo your having the meeting at a local bakery ,would probably be a daily meet then :lol: :lol: :hide:

JAX
Newsletter Editor
Newsletter Editor

Post by JAX » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:29 pm

Surely you'd go to the butchers for the meet :dance:

Filo

Post by Filo » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:42 pm

jooles wrote:just tell filo your having the meeting at a local bakery ,would probably be a daily meet then :lol: :lol: :hide:

Oooo ya cheeky beggar. :upurs:

I can do squires for the monthly meet I suppose although the ride there is crap for me living 8 miles away.

Mind you there are some nice ride routes from there.

I'll be sticking with the last sunday of each month from 9.30 in summer and 10.30 am after autumn clock change. Keep an eye out for end of October as we are away last Sunday of September at Raddle inn.

Karbonkid

Post by Karbonkid » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:57 am

pognasty wrote:Might be nice to do a midland monthly meet. Theres a few venues that spring to mind ( Bassetts pole or the Vic, Coalville) but open to suggestions.

any takers?
I'd be up for meeting at Bassetts Pole Pog :thumbs:
XJR1300SP...Rebuilt, Modified & Polished.... :D
Honda Fireblade 929RR-Y Track Toy
XT225 Dirt Bike

-Not as fast as I once thought I was...!!

pognasty
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by pognasty » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:23 pm

Karbonkid wrote:
pognasty wrote:Might be nice to do a midland monthly meet. Theres a few venues that spring to mind ( Bassetts pole or the Vic, Coalville) but open to suggestions.

any takers?
suits me just need to know when and get a few more members interested
There is no warm up or cool down. Life is only one lap - make it a good one, make it count

Lampy
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Lampy » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:38 pm

pognasty wrote:
Karbonkid wrote:

any takers?
suits me just need to know when and get a few more members interested

Harris who organised the south west meet seems to be the guru on getting an area meet going as is Filo oop norf :respekt:
Have a word with either of them if you need any pointers but I think the general idea is if you persist it will happen. :thumbs:
SO MANY LAMPOSTS...........so little time . . . . STUPID PLACE TO PUT A WALL WASNT IT !!!!!
OH DEER !!!!

chairman@yamahaxjrownersclub.com

skyscraper

Post by skyscraper » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:09 pm

Best thing is a fixed day and time I.e. 3rd Sunday of month 10 til 12, and if head boy not available then ensure a 2nd is in attendance to meet any Newby turning up. I think Mick and the rest of the SW regulars will tell you consistancy is the key.
Money doesn't make me happy
But it helps me afford the kind of misery I prefer

Karbonkid

Post by Karbonkid » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:30 pm

Going over to Bassetts Pole this coming Tuesday 29th if any of the Staffs/West Mids guys are interested - or anyone else for that matter! :) Weather is looking promising so aiming to get there around 6 - 6:30ish :thumbs:
XT225 Dirt Bike

pognasty
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by pognasty » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:14 pm

Karbonkid wrote:Going over to Bassetts Pole this coming Tuesday 29th if any of the Staffs/West Mids guys are interested - or anyone else for that matter! :) Weather is looking promising so aiming to get there around 6 - 6:30ish :thumbs:
Has to be the one day I can't do as wont be fìt to ride as its mother in laws send off. Wife and kids will need me more than I need to ride my bikes.
Hopefully next time weather permitting

Karbonkid

Post by Karbonkid » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:46 am

pognasty wrote:
Karbonkid wrote:Going over to Bassetts Pole this coming Tuesday 29th if any of the Staffs/West Mids guys are interested - or anyone else for that matter! :) Weather is looking promising so aiming to get there around 6 - 6:30ish :thumbs:
Has to be the one day I can't do as wont be fìt to ride as its mother in laws send off. Wife and kids will need me more than I need to ride my bikes.
Hopefully next time weather permitting
No worries Pog, family comes before everything else - Hope everything goes as well as can be expected in the circumstances.
XT225 Dirt Bike