Single Speedo.

Got a product you'd like to recommend? This is the place to tell us what you've used in the past, and how you rated it.....

Moderator: Site Team

Paul H
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 36

Single Speedo.

Post by Paul H » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:00 pm

Looking for a single cable drive speedo for RP06. Not that worried about idiot lights or tacho. I can also make a mounting bracket to suit. Any suggestions on brand or model. Theres a million out there but not sure whats compatible with the cable fitting. Thanks.

Stokoe0990

Re: Single Speedo.

Post by Stokoe0990 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:20 am

What sort of aesthetic are you looking for?

I've got a singular one on mine which is all LEDs and stuff, with rev counter, fuel gauge, digital speedo. etc.

But if you want something a bit more basic then a little thing like this might be better...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-MOT ... Sw-zxWpgjz
Jap Import 1997 XJR 1200 | 45k Miles and counting

The bike in the picture above is being broken for sale, check out my post here to see what's still available.

Paul H

Post by Paul H » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:52 am

Stokoe0990 wrote:What sort of aesthetic are you looking for?

I've got a singular one on mine which is all LEDs and stuff, with rev counter, fuel gauge, digital speedo. etc.

But if you want something a bit more basic then a little thing like this might be better...

Something like that one but normal size.

pognasty
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by pognasty » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:43 pm

Have a word with digital speedos. They're very helpful and as a club member you'll get discount.
There is no warm up or cool down. Life is only one lap - make it a good one, make it count

Paul H

Post by Paul H » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:38 pm

Paul H wrote:
Stokoe0990 wrote:What sort of aesthetic are you looking for?

What model did you go for & was it a dificult to convert. I need kph which I would imagine would be a option on most digital speedos but never thought this conversion was possible from cable drive. I flopped the headlamp brackets to raise the bucket. But now the stock guages look more bulky and hinder the ignition access so a low profile digital may be the way to go. I would not mind relocating the ignition if possible or doing away with the steering lock if need be though. Cheers.

Stokoe0990

Post by Stokoe0990 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:27 pm

If you look through my post history you'll find a thread about it.

It's mounted rudimentary-y at the moment but works.
Jap Import 1997 XJR 1200 | 45k Miles and counting

The bike in the picture above is being broken for sale, check out my post here to see what's still available.

Paul H

Post by Paul H » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:33 pm

Thanks for the replies. After a lot of head scratching & beers I ordered a Koso DB-01R digital unit with LSL 6.5 round Headlamp & Brackets to trim the front. Plan is to place all the instrument plugs under the tank & run 1 small loom to the Koso. Cheers.