Norton...

General forum for discussing all things biking. For Technical queries please DONT post here, check out the Workshop Sections. Please also don't post for sale / wanted in this area or they will be removed.

Moderators: RFdemon, Site Team

ogri48
Paid up...
Paid up...
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 36

Norton...

Post by ogri48 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:38 pm

anybody been following this on twitter? its worth joining just to read the scale of garners con. look for NotNorton. Its unreal. quite apart from the 3.4 million he took in deposits and full payments for bikes that never materialised, they cannibalised everything bar the frame and engine off bikes that had gone back for paint warranty issues for parts to build other bikes to con more deposits.
people who actually managed to get their bike, but then took it back for a minor warranty issue ended up with just this...Image

b4cchaplain
Paid up...
Paid up...

Re: Norton...

Post by b4cchaplain » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:41 pm

Watched a bit about it on the news here the other day, CEO being charged for fraud etc, by the sounds of it he needs taken out the back and given a good flogging. 800,000 dollars in a personal garage collection. That's a lot of vehicles for the UK. Tv didn't show exactly what was in there though.
Stay Upright 8)

XJRoger
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by XJRoger » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:36 pm

A friend of mine moved up to Nottingham 18 months ago, worked for them for a while until he found out what was going on. There was some sort of pension fraud going on too, lots of people now have no pensions because they were ' invested' in his company, Stuart Garner was a right conman by the sounds of it

ogri48
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by ogri48 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:10 pm

i think its hits even harder because most brit bikers really wanted it to succeed. such a classic old marque. I always hoped id get one of the 961 commandos one day a long way down the line when they weren't stupid money, but I dont think they ever really sorted the reliability issues.

ogri48
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by ogri48 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:58 pm

this is very very much worth reading. its astonishing.https://www.superbike.co.uk/article/nor ... -the-start

b4cchaplain
Paid up...
Paid up...

Post by b4cchaplain » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:47 pm

I really didn't like the look of the new bikes, but have been a Norton fan down Under since I was a kid, they are a very rare bike here, my oldest brother was in a club in the 70s called the Norsemen, they all rode British bikes, my brother had a brand new racing green Featherbed fastback, remember many a day siting on the back of that and loving the whole ride at age 10 or less!!
Stay Upright 8)

Lampy
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Lampy » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:52 am

The new Nortons were/are an ergonomic disaster and shake like a shitting dog on idle and vibey as fook anywhere else.
One of our customers has one and he says it's too uncomfortable to ride for any distance and it's just an investment.
Lets hope he gets his money back long term.
SO MANY LAMPOSTS...........so little time . . . . STUPID PLACE TO PUT A WALL WASNT IT !!!!!
OH DEER !!!!

chairman@yamahaxjrownersclub.com

ewan
Paid up...
Paid up...
Antispam - What is 3 x 12?: 48

Post by ewan » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:46 pm

that new dominator was absolutely stunning :longtongue: but at £34 grand out of my price range :shock: :thumbs:
happiness is a big fat tyre :scotland: